You may create as many parties within a case as are required. Individual (persons) or organizational parties may be added, and specific roles (e.g. plaintiff, defendant, witness) may be assigned to any or all created parties. Contact information fields are provided to allow the storage of contact details as a convenience for the Social Evidence user, but are otherwise not required. One exception, however, is the party email address, which is required only when sending a private Collection request to a Party via email. Social Evidence does not send any other correspondence to the Party email addresses.
1. Once a Party has been created, a new entry will be listed in the Case details screen. Clicking the name of the Party will direct you to that Party’s details page.
2. If a Case, Party, or Collection are added or changed, the date of that change will be reflected in the “last updated” annotation displayed within each list entry on the current page.
Click any listed Party entry to enter its details page.
1. Please note the Party name addition to the quick navigation bar. You may click either parent link to quickly navigate to that page.
2. Clicking the Edit button will open the edit Party dialog window. You may edit existing Party information or add new details here. Additionally, this dialog window will give you the option to delete the Party from your Case. Please note that deleted parties will remain recoverable for 14 days.
3. The Add Collection button will begin the Collection request process.