Social Evidence uses the standard Case > Party > Collection tiered organizational structure. In other words, you create a Case; there are Parties within that Case; the parties in that case may have social media accounts. It’s really that simple.
1. Contained within the Social Evidence toolbar is the Cases tab. This will be visible throughout the application and can be clicked at any time to return you to this main screen.
2. The Profile tab may be used to edit your contact information, change your login password, or create and edit your email signature. Like Cases, this tab is visible throughout the entire application.
3. By default, your Cases will be displayed vertically (“table” view) in the order of the date they are created. You may change this by clicking the Sort & Filter icon and choosing a different sort option(s). The view type may be toggled to a “cards” view, which may be preferable if using a smaller display, such as a tablet.
4. The Add Case button will open a new dialog window where you may enter relevant details and create your new case.
Once created, your new case will be listed in the Cases screen.
1. The name of your Case will appear here, and may be clicked to enter the details page for that Case.
2. The status of your Case will be visible here. Only active Cases are displayed by default, but deleted and inactive Cases may be displayed by changing your Sort & Filter options.
Clicking your Case name will bring you to the Case details page.
1. The case title will appear in a “bread crumb” navigation bar displayed within the main application toolbar. This navigation bar currently displays our Case, but will also display the Party and Collection when in their corresponding pages. All entries are clickable, making quick navigation between pages possible.
2. Clicking the Edit button will open the edit Case dialog window. You may edit existing Case information or add new details here. Additionally, this dialog window will give you the option to set the Case as inactive or delete it entirely. Please note that deleted cases will remain recoverable for 14 days.
3. The Add Party button will open a new dialog window where you may enter relevant details and create a new Party.