Social Evidence now includes a screen capture function, allowing users to import screen shots into Social Evidence and enter comments about those imported images. This allows you to capture relevant information (screen shots) from any web site, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media sites.
In this beta deployment, supported uploads are limited to JPEG (.jpg), Bitmap (.bmp), Portable Network Graphic (.png), and Graphics Interchange Format (.gif) file types. Files over 2 MB in size will not be uploaded.
Additionally, uploaded files are processed with optical character recognition (OCR), allowing images containing printed text to be searchable via keywords contained within that text. From our initial testing, .jpg and .png files experience the fewest issues during the OCR conversion process.
To add a new Collection containing image uploads, select the new, fourth option entitled “I Need to Upload an Image,” then click the “Upload an Image” button to start the process.
Next, choose a nickname for this new Collection.
Once a nickname is chosen, you will be presented with the following upload options window:
1. Clicking here will open a new File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (MacOS) window. Simply browse to the location of your file and select it. Once selected, a preview thumbnail of that image will be shown.
2. Choose a date and time applicable to the image being uploaded. Please note that the image will be displayed within your Search and Analyze results based on this timestamp.
3. This field will automatically populate with the last modified date contained within the uploaded file’s metadata. You may override this timestamp with one of your choosing, however.
4. Enter the source of this image (optional).
5. You may enter a more detailed description of the image and its contents here. Any text entered in this field will be become searchable within the Search and Analyze page.
6. Clicking “Add Another Image” will create another set of entry fields to accommodate an additional image file upload.
Once all desired image files are added, click “Upload Images to Collection” to finalize the collection process. Allow a few minutes for this new Collection to index, after which it will be viewable by selecting View Collected Data. The Collection’s assigned nickname will be listed under the Filter Collections section.
1. The Collection nickname and contained uploaded count will be shown here.
2. Screen Captures is the selectable filter to display/hide image upload Collections from the search results. *Please be aware that the item count does not work in this current beta deployment.
1. Any text recognized during the upload OCR process will be displayed here. Also, if a keyword search was performed, any matching search results will be highlighted.
2. The entered “Time of Occurrence” will be listed here