1. If you are in possession of the account holder’s credentials (username and password) or the Party is present, use this option to add a private Collection using the web login for a specific social media platform. This currently works for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
2. If you do not have user credentials, or the Party is not available to log in, use this option to create a new private Collection and send an email to a Party requesting remote login. This currently works for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
3. If you wish only to collect a pubic facing social media account, use this option. This currently works for Instagram and Twitter, as Facebook currently limits all public search results. Other methods of retrieving public Facebook data are currently being explored.
Choosing Collection options one or two will open the following dialog window:
1. Clicking “Add Account” prompts a new drop down menu with three platform choices contained within. Choosing an option will prompt you to create a “nickname” for that Collection, which will be the name displayed in the View Collected Data screen. Please note that you may add multiple accounts, including multiple Twitter and Instagram accounts within a single request. Only one Facebook account may be added per Collection request, however.
2. Click “Done Adding Accounts” when finished to begin the account login procedure.
If the first Collection option was chosen, a new window containing a login link will appear.
1. Please be aware that when logging into a target social media account on computer that is normally used to frequently access a different account, it is important to use a private browser instance to access that target account. Doing so greatly reduces the likelihood of errantly adding the regularly used account into the Collection. Instructions for opening a private browser window for each of the major browsers are included here.
2. Though you may manually select and copy the link provided, clicking this icon will copy the link to your clipboard for you.
Once the link is opened in a private browser window, you will be presented with a screen with a login link for each social media platform added to the Collection. Simply log into each respective platform with the supplied Party credentials.