To create a new Case, simply fill in the relevant fields in the following form. Please note that only the first three fields (Case Name, Case Type, and Case Description) are required, though the remaining fields may be optionally used to enter and store applicable case information.
1. Click “+ Add Number” to create a new Client, Matter, or Case number. You may add multiple numbers, and any existing entries may be deleted from the list show below.
2. Evidence tags are custom, user-defined labels (e.g. “injury,” “alcohol”) that may be attached to individual items contained within a Collection. You may create tags here, or at a later time within the Search & Analyze screen.
3. Choose the responsible attorney or paralegal for this case. This user must be a current Social Evidence user and will receive notifications for this case including actions taken by other users. To select the responsible attorney or paralegal, start typing their first or last name in this field, then select the correct entry.
4. Choose any additional attorneys and staff you wish to have access to this case. Attached personnel must be current Social Evidence users. To select additional attorneys or staff, start typing their first or last name, then select the correct entry.
5. Remove any currently assigned attorneys and paralegals by clicking the delete icon.
Click “Create Case” to finish.